This article shows you how you can create your own custom Convo Flows from scratch.
You might already be using the All Pages Convo Flow to engage website visitors across all pages of your site but wish to have some more targeted conversation flows on selected pages representing different stages of the customer journey.
For example, you might wish to create targeted Convo Flows for the following pages:
You might also wish to create targeted Convo Flows for new vs returning visitors to your website.
Please note that any custom Convo Flow published for a particular page or pages will override the All Pages Convo Flow on that page or pages.
All of this is possible by creating your own custom Convo Flow. Follow the steps below to create your first custom Convo Flow.
1. Visit the Convo Flows main screen and click the CREATE NEW CONVO button in the top right corner.
2. You will be taken to the Convo Setup Wizard. Choose the type of page(s) on your site where you’d like this new Convo Flow to run and click the Next button.
In this example we have selected the Custom Page option, which means we can specify the URL of the page(s) where we would like the Flow to run.
3. As we’ve selected the Custom Page option, the next step is to enter the full URL (including https://) of the page(s) on your website where you’d like to run this Convo Flow. If you choose one of the other 3 options on the previous screen you will skip this step as the URL is already known.
You can choose a single page or you can choose a whole section of pages in a folder / directory by selecting the appropriate radio button. For example you might want a Convo Flow to run on all your blog pages to encourage visitors to subscribe to your newsletter. Alternatively you might want to create a special Convo Flow for a particular category / collection page.
Once you’ve entered the URL click the Next button.
4. Next we need to choose whether the Convo Flow will be displayed to all visitors or just new or returning visitors. If you’d like to have different Convo Flows for new vs returning visitors you’ll need to create an additional Convo Flow for this page after completing this Convo Flow. Click the Next button.
5. Now you can set the trigger for when this Convo Flow will fire. In this case your choices are to trigger the Notification or Convo Flow after the visitor has been on your page for a certain amount of time or to trigger only when the visitor attempts to exit your site from this page.
If you select the Time on Page trigger you’ll need to set the number of seconds for the trigger and how often the Notification or Convo Flow should be shown to each visitor – always or only once per session or once per day.
Click the Next button to continue.
6. If you selected the Exit Intent trigger you’ll have to complete an additional step. You can choose whether or not to add a condition to when the Exit Intent triggers. For example, you might want to create an Exit Intent Convo Flow that only triggers when the value of the items in the visitor’s shopping cart is greater than, say, $200. You might decide that it’s worth offering this type of visitor a discount or free shipping to complete their purchase right away.
If you do choose to use a Cart Value condition you’ll need to set the value of the cart in the boxes provided. Click the Next button to continue.
7. You should now see a success screen advising you that your new Convo Flow configuration settings have been created.
However, if you see a pop-up message advising you of a conflict between the Convo Flow you have created and an existing Convo Flow you will be asked to delete the existing Convo Flow in order to proceed with the new Flow you have created. Such conflicts occur when, for example, you have created a Flow for all visitors on a particular page and a Flow already exists for returning visitors on the same page. In this case it usually better to just edit the existing flow rather than create a new custom Convo Flow.
8. Click the CONTINUE button to proceed to creating up your Notifications and Convos for your new Convo Flow. You’ll be taken to the Maisie Chatbot Builder screen to do this.
If you don’t know how to use the Maisie Chatbot Builder please read our guide.