When you sign up to Shopify you’re asked to choose a store name when creating an account. The store name you choose is used to dynamically create your Shopify sub-domain in the format https://yourstorename.myshopify.com. This sub-domain is intended to be used for internal purposes like logging into your Shopify account and setting up and managing your online store.
You may keep this sub-domain as the public facing URL for your online store but we don’t recommend it. We advise you to use your own custom domain to build credibility and trust, one that reflects your brand and is memorable.
However, if you decide to ignore our advice and keep your myshopify sub-domain as your customer facing URL, you can change your store name but you won’t be allowed to change your myshopify sub-domain. Instead, you’ll need to create a new Shopify store.
If you use or are planning to use your own custom domain you can change your Shopify store name for cosmetic reasons but it won’t affect either your custom domain or myshopify sub-domain.
You have two quick and easy options for changing your Shopify store name:
1. Open the Shopify App on your mobile device and press the Store icon in the bottom right corner.
2. Press Settings.
3. In the Store settings section press General
4. In the Store details section you’ll see your current store name in the Store name field. Delete your current store name and type in your new store name.
5. Press the SAVE button at the top to save your changes.
That’s all folks! Easy, wasn’t it?
1. Log into Shopify admin on your desktop computer
2. Click Settings on the bottom of the left navigation menu
3. Click General
4. You’ll see your current store name in the Store name field. Delete your current store name and type in your new store name.
5. Click the Save button on the top right to save your changes.
That’s it, you’re done. Your Shopify store name has been changed successfully.